- Department: Product Development
- Reports to: Technical Lead
Our Clients are looking for a Software Developer to join their Product Development team. As a member of the Product Development team you will be providing technical solutions for our external products and our 3rd party customers products. You will work directly with the Technical Lead and Project Mangers to develop features and resolve bugs to ensure the continued success of these products.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You will be a solid .NET software developer with commercial experience working within the .NET ecosystem.
- You will be passionate about writing software and will be accustom to delivering high quality, tested, scalable and maintainable code.
- You will be adaptable. As a software agency we get requests to do weird and wonderful things with weird and wonderful technologies. This should excite you.
- You will have an appetite to learn and will share your findings. Our Clients provide a lot of variety. Combined with regular knowledge sharing sessions, this is a great opportunity to learn.
Roles and responsibilities
- To code, in a manner consistent with published coding standards, as part of a team to ensure all objectives are delivered to a high standard of quality and accuracy.
- To work closely with other members of the product team by understanding your own contribution to the team’s goals, taking ownership of any potential problems to ensure they are resolved.
- To design technically and document aspects of the software project, including but not limited to database, business rules and presentation. Documentation must be produced to a high level of accuracy, be unambiguous, and kept up to date.
- To act as a centre of excellence in terms of the essential competency skills shown below in order to provide expertise which will enable the organization to plan appropriate future development strategies.
- To identify and highlight where productivity gains can be achieved either through new techniques or adoption of programming tools. If appropriate design, develop and implement programming tools for internal use.
- To practice test driven development.
- To help the project managers identify and classify programming defects and then develop a solution for these defects that satisfies the specification.
- To deploy updates onto target infrastructure, performing any necessary system tests and ensuring accuracy of deployment, either remotely or on a customer’s site.
- To be aware of current trends and new technologies within the industry and keep skills up to date through self-study and research.
- To perform other functions as required by line manager or senior management.
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years .NET experience
- Excellent C#
- Excellent ASP.NET
- Excellent ASP.NET MVC
- Excellent SQL Server
- Agile Methodologies
- MS SharePoint
- MS Dynamics CRM
- Two development teams, project (samurai) and product (ninja)
- Agile approach, Scrum for projects, Kanban for product.
- Relaxed environment
- Regular SUKS (stand up knowledge share) sessions encouraged
- Flexible working hours
- Arcade machine
- Training available material for MS certifications